11 July 2011

Book Reviews

I've read quite a few books already this summer (don't ask me what I'm escaping from) and have a few that I really think are worth mentioning.  Most are great reads about finding out about yourself, which I'm really into these days.


The Linen Queen, by Patricia Falvey
First is a book set in Northern Ireland during WWII.  A beautiful woman dreams of leaving Ireland and finding something better, even if it means being selfish.  Before she can follow her dream, however, the war finds its way to her town.


Heart of the Matter, by Emily Griffin (author of Something Borrowed)
This book follows two very different women, save for the fact that they are both mothers.  One is married to a successful pediatric surgeon the other is a single mother.  They both have to take a good look at their own heart and make serious, painful decisions about love.  This book was difficult for me to read, only because I couldn't relate to both sides, only the one.  It was heart-wrenching, yet eye-opening.  It makes you take a good look at your own heart.


No comments: