31 July 2011

Somehow Only Six Months...

One thing I have not been very good about this time around is taking pictures of the baby bump and keeping up with my journal. (Not that I kept up with a journal the first time around. At least I'm consistent.)

Marc's Grandpa Ed is almost 93 years old and he is a spry, lucid 93.  Every time I see him I am amazed that he's still going so strong.  Unfortunately, he was admitted into the hospital a few days ago for high blood pressure (just decided he didn't want to take his medication anymore) and after a few days in the hospital, the decision was to send him to a home in Melbourne, FL where he will be close to family.  I've had pictures printed out that I've been meaning to send him and now I feel a sudden urge to hurry.  I also wanted to include a picture of the latest bump so he can see how big Baby Boy Woodstuff is getting.

At any rate, since I was taking photos for him, I thought I would post one here so I can sort of feel like I'm keeping a journal.  I've been feeling a lot better lately - Finally!  I'm tired, of course, but the all-around head fog and nauseousness are gone.  I feel huge, though, so when I saw the photos I took tonight, I thought - that's it?!  Man, I feel like a really large and really tight ball all the time.  Its amazing that its actually just a really small, tight ball.  My face is not small, however, and gaining in size.  One of my least favorite side effects of pregnancy.  Let's imagine for a minute what it will look like at nine months.  Ew, nevermind. Yuck!

9 comments:

Tree said...

You look amazing! I'm glad you're feeling better (although I don't believe you :-)). I'm sorry to hear about Marc's grandpa, I hope he's feeling better soon. Hopefully the move to Melbourne will be best for him. Love you tons! And I love my baby bean nephew!

Cindy said...

cute cute cute

Rachael said...

Thanks Tree and Cindy! Tree, I think everyone is relieved that he's in the home. He was so far away and was literally taking care of himself. At 92, that is just crazy, but I guess if anyone could, it's Grandpa Ed. He really liked being on his own, but now he can have more family around, which I really think he will like. We'll just have to see. Love you! And I really do feel physically better. =)

Barb Joyner said...

ummm- yeah- you are still smaller than me on one of my good days... :-)
you look beautiful!!!!

ashley said...

3 things

it's too hard to read your blog bc i'm jamming out to your music.

you have that lovely preggo glow, such a natural beauty.

77 degrees in the SC summer?!

love you :)

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! Nice of you to make pics for Grandpa, I'm sure he will enjoy them. Hopefully he will take to being there in Melbourne. If he's anything it's stubborn!
Love you guys and miss you!
Michelle

Rachael said...

Ashley, you noticed my eyesore! There is literally nowhere in this tiny apartment to take a decent shot. And 77 is definitely not what we keep it at. We can't afford to keep it set any lower than 80. It was just a little cooler because it was evening.

Michelle, I miss you soo much! =)

Molly Jones said...

Hmmm...the fates seem to be telling you Edward is a great middle name:) You look beautiful, of course! You always do!

Anonymous said...

beautiful baby bump... love the picture!!! i swear my face is where it shows the most too, although yours DOES NOT look swollen.