21 August 2011

MOPS



I don't think I have ever spoken about my connection with the local MOPS group.  I was introduced to MOPS last summer, after just moving to Savannah.  I was lonely and tired and spent every single day entertaining my 2 year-old, who was my best friend.  I was also constantly second-guessing myself as a Mom, not really having any mom friends to compare with.  We desperately needed something.  One day at the local park a mother approached me and asked if I had ever heard of MOPS and I had not.  MOPS means Mothers of Preschoolers, but it is an organization for all Moms of infants through Kindergartners.  I was nervous and worried at first about going to meetings, but then I realized that I was sitting in a room FULL of women who were nothing like me and yet going through exactly the same thing.  We had fun; we made crafts; we listened to speakers about different issues; and we made a ton of friends.  I could talk about all of the facets of motherhood and realize that no one had it all figured out.  We all just needed each other to be better mothers.  It was an amazing discovery. 

For any of you moms out there that could use this type of support (or just want to hang out with people that get it), please please please find your local MOPS group.  You can find more information about MOPS, but going to MOPS.com and you can find a local group by clicking here.  If you're in the Wilmington Island or Tybee Island area, you can visit our local MOPS website here.

Ok, plug over.

No comments: