15 September 2010

Budget Cuts

Alright troops, we have a big one.  Apparently our Verizon payment went up by $35 this month due to changing our cell phone numbers ($15 a piece!).  That was not factored into our expenses, which is my fault. 

Lesson #1: Always, always, always keep track of everything you WILL spend or ARE spending.  You don't want surprises when you're on a budget.

So, what does this mean?  This means that $35 dollars will need to be subtracted from our $152.32, leaving us $117.32.  Now lets go back to the three categories that we have to spend money on: groceries, household, and gas.  As I stated in the last post, my car is on empty and The Mr. just let me know his isn't far behind, so we will have to buy gas on Friday.  That will be $80 roughly.  That leaves $37 for groceries and any household necessities.  Aw crap, this means coupons.  I hate coupons! 

Now I'll be really put to the test.  Can I truly buy two-weeks worth of groceries for $37??  Marc once lived off of nothing but rice and herbs for three months, I can do this.

I will keep you posted...
 

1 comment:

ash said...

budget question: do you HAVE to pay the verizon bill in full? do you always pay your bills in full or do you ever suggest stealing from peter to pay paul?