26 September 2010

The Real Deal

So I've been stuck in a dilemma the last couple of days wondering exactly how far I go in telling you (anyone who is actually reading) the struggles of my family.  I am a very private person, so beginning and continuing this blog has been difficult for me.  I try to be as comical as possible in speaking of our struggles to make it easier to take for both you and me.  I just don't believe anyone needs or wants to listen to me whine.  The line between, however, is hard to find.  I want to finish what I start and I started this budget challenge so I suppose I must continue it even though there are times where I feel I am getting way too personal.  Such as now.

Last Thursday The Mr. had a breakfast meeting with a client.  I believed it to be a meeting over coffee, but apparently the client had breakfast, which is something The Mr. should cover.  It was $28.

Now for any of you that have actually been following and subtracting along with me, you will know that we had $21 left in our account to spend on anything other than bills.  That means that we have gone over by $8.  We have five days left until October 1st, payday.  If all of our bills go through as planned, we will go into the red in our account and be charged $35 for it.  Awesome. 

The best part: Our home supplies have become quite meager.  We have run out of a few things: alcohol, butter, eggs, paper towels, toilet paper, and diapers.  Now usually the alcohol would not be a problem, but because of the rest, the alcohol is greatly desired.  The eggs, butter, and paper towels can be lived without as well.  The last two items, however, have caused quite a bit of anxiety for us.  I mean, how do you continue to remain calm and confident as you go through your days with others when you have no toilet paper at home??  That's an issue for civilized people, we need toilet paper.  The Mini Me has been forced to potty train at an accelerated level because we don't have any diapers for her to wear.  Which means that during nap and nighttime she is left wrapped in two cloth diapers and a swim diaper to prevent leakage.  It has caused complete breakdown in our home, mentally and emotionally.  We can't help but be broken and it can't help but be noticed by the Mini Me which has caused extra tantrums and fighting between all of us.  This is breaking us.

I know, I know, this too shall pass, but I'm a bit tired of how far we have to go before it passes already.

No comments: