15 September 2010

Monkey Joe's

Report: $2.68 Monkey Joe's



Today I took The Mini Me for a playdate at Monkey Joe's, an inflatable play center for kids.  This is where I find it the hardest to not spend money.  I have a very small apartment and everyday sometimes I need to get out with Rosslyn before going mad.  The problem is that it's very hot and I really don't want to add heat to my already dwindling patience.  So I look for places to go and things to do inside, but each of these things cost money.  Not to mention, they are usually on the other side of town so we have to consider the gas.  So, do I spend money and keep us both sane and happy or save money and risk high tension?

So I agreed to come to a playdate at Monkey Joe's and the good news is that they were having a BOGO deal.  So there was another Momma there who had a kid 2 and under so she and I got the BOGO deal - hence $2.68.  Not bad.

As I'm driving home, I notice that my gas light is on.  Wonderful.  I don't get paid until Friday, so I can't purchase gas until then.  The frustration of it all comes back in waves.  Rosslyn is singing songs in the back and I am, once again, wondering how I got in this position.  This sad and pathetic position.  I start getting angry about the character building and strength that supposedly accompanies such situations.  What benefit could I possibly gain from constantly stretching every penny?  How could this ever come back to help me in the future?  Oh, when the Apocalypse comes and we no longer have money in our banks, we need to know how to live off of nothing, right?  That's what literature and Hollywood say.  I think they make those stories up to give us a silver lining that doesn't exist. 

$155 - $2.68 = $152.32

2 comments:

ash said...

maybe next time you should just start singing songs with ros until the nasty feelings go away.
and think of all the good lessons you're teaching her about not being over indulgent.
:)

Rachael said...

She recently looked at me as though I were the worst Mom in the world after taking her to a friend's house with a play kitchen and cool toys. She was like, "Seriously? I have to pretend an old wipes box is a garage for my car but there are actual toys out there?!"