08 January 2011

House Hunting

So things are progressing rather rapidly since the inception of 2011.  Out of nowhere we realized that it would be the perfect time to purchase a home in the area.  Quite a leap from a mere four posts ago, I know.  I'm having an insurgence of anxiety and anticipation that is becoming increasingly difficult to squelch. 

I'll keep my blog apprised of the findings.  So far, we have only looked at one home.  It's out on the marshes that connect Wilmington Island to Savannah.  Its not our ideal location, we would rather stay fully on the island, but its worth looking at.  In a nutshell the house could and would be beautiful if given my talent time and energy.  The bones are gorgeous.  Solid wood exterior, solid wood floors (covered in a nasty carpet), some brick floors throughout, HUGE hearth.  Basically the place is solid.  All it would need to be beautiful is some waxing and buffing.  All it would need to actually be resell-able is for us to spend the thousands it would take to fence off the yucky neighbors that are so close they're apart of my yard.  It's a total of 1.1 acres right on a gorgeous river.  Such a tough decision. 

I'm embarrassed to even put these photos on my blog, but we're trying not to look at the cosmetic problems, they're easily fixable with paint.  The sexy 80s accents will be taken care of right off the bat...








We'll see more on Thursday and will keep my readers (all four of you) posted.

Step by step...

3 comments:

ashley c said...

those are some interesting features. i've never seen brick floors or a wooden tub. it looks really spacious and that last room has an amazing view. happy hunting!

Kasey said...

Good luck!! I had TONS of fun looking..but we looked FOREVER!! We saw a house with a bathroom similar to that wooden one..but that was the best room in the house.. :( Again..good luck!!! :D

Rachael said...

Thanks! I've seen three more houses since this, but I haven't had a chance to get them on here. We're having a hard time deciding whether we want authentic fixer-upper or a newer bigger home that looks similar to a lot of others on the island. I'm sure it will take us forever, but I just can't wait to get out of this apartment!