30 March 2011

The Lower Lights

These times they are a trying.  In times like these, when I can't seem to find any obvious solutions, I like to play this album.  Those of you that know me know that I am not religious, much to my parent's dismay.  I don't believe in organized religion.  I never have.  Maybe one day that will change.  Until then, you can all breathe a sigh of relief to know that I'm not a complete heathen and I do listen to happy religious music.  It makes me feel a light even though I don't always believe.  It gives me hope.  If you love bluegrass-y-type music, you'll love this album.  These are songs my Grandma and Daddy used to sing around the house and at church.  I play this album almost every night while I make dinner.  The Mini Me loves it and always asks for it.  Check it out.

http://thelowerlights.com/music/  You can listen to a few songs right here on their website or buy the digital album for $10.  It's the best $10 I've spent in a long time.

I've attached a video of one of my favorite song for you to view.


Secret Prayer from The Lower Lights on Vimeo.

Hopefully the uplifting feeling will produce some sort of solution...

5 comments:

Kasey said...

OH MY GOSH!! LOVE This!! I literally cannot stop smiling and crying all at the same time! This reminds me of the Branson family SO much and I swear I can actually hear your Grandma singing this! You know, I actually have more memories of your Branson grandparents than I do of Grandpa Hollack or Nana and Papa Timberlake! When you lived on the dirt road I remember having sleep overs at their house and I think your Grandma was always singing these type of songs! Seriously LOVE this! I am GOING to have to buy that album cause I love it and I KNOW the kids will too! Thank you for sharing and I hope the answer comes to you soon! Love you Rach!

Rachael said...

The smiling/crying thing is what I go through all the time when I listen. It's the best background music for around the house. Rosslyn loves to hear "Count Your Blessings", she'll put her little finger up and say "one by one." Adorable.

There is a Green Hill Far Away was Grandma's favorite, I think. It's the one I always remember her singing.

I'm so glad you love it!

Kasey said...

I played all the online songs today and the kids LOVED it!! Haylee especially enjoyed it! Her favorite was This Little Light of Mine. She kept singing, "Let it Shine, Let it Shine, Let it Shine, Shine, Shine!" :D

Rachael said...

Kasey, have you bought it yet? I would love to get it for you as a gift for you and your kids. Just give me the best email address for you. Would you rather digital version or actual CD?

Kasey said...

Hey! We actually haven't bought it yet..I just keep listening to the songs online!